Gigi Hadid reveals her magic fitness formula
Being a supermodel, Gigi Hadid always needs to stay in shape. In her teens, Gigi used to play volleyball a lot, which spurred her competitiveness. She also likes horse riding since childhood. So, when the model moved to NY, she missed these two activities and decided to compensate them with workouts at the gym and boxing.
The blonde beauty customarily starts her workout with jumping rope. It serves as a warm up, as well as an effective exercise for slimming down her legs. Then, she moves on to a core-focused workout mixed with boxing that is usually followed by some ballet-inspired floor exercises.
Gigi Hadid’s core-focused workout:
1. Warm up the core with 10 minutes of boxing.
2. Perform three sets of 40 crunches each.
3. Raise your heart rate with 10 minutes of boxing.
4. Perform three sets of 40 bicycle crunches each, kicking each leg out once per bicycle.
5. Box for another 10 minutes.
6. Take a plank pose and hold for about 60 seconds, or as long as you can maintain good form.
7. Perform four sets of 25 straight leg raises each to train the lower abs.
Gigi admits that boxing is a sport for her and she intends to get better at it because she knows that she always can.
The model also shared some boxing tips with her fans:
- Always keep your hands near your face to protect it.
- Jab with your left hand to attack your opponent and keep him from coming too close.
- Be agile enough to move to the balls of your feet when it’s needed.
- Use your right hand for power, make a turn and do an uppercut to hit the opponent if he is getting too close.
In general, the cover girl has a pretty simple fitness secret. She believes that no matter what your preferred workout methodology is, just stick to it and follow a healthy diet. What also plays its part on the road to achieving your body goals is the right pair or trainers, like those that we have in our new collection.